Pacific Gas and Electric Company, incorporated in California in 1905, is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company is a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation.
There are approximately 20,000 employees who carry out Pacific Gas and Electric Company's primary business—the transmission and delivery of energy. The company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 15 million people throughout a 70,000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
* Service area stretches from Eureka in the north to Bakersfield in the south, and from the Pacific Ocean in the west to the Sierra Nevada in the east
* 141,215 circuit miles of electric distribution lines and 18,616 circuit miles of interconnected transmission lines
* 42,141 miles of natural gas distribution pipelines and 6,438 miles of transportation pipelines
* 5.1 million electric customer accounts
* 4.3 million natural gas customer accounts
Similar Companies Making Professional Training & Coaching
We're Ameren Corporation (AEE), a St. Louis-based, Fortune 500 company that powers the quality of life for millions of people throughout Illinois and Missouri.
Ameren Illinois provides electric dist...
NiSource (NYSE: NI) helps energize the lives of its nearly 4 million natural gas and electric customers across seven states. Our local utilities – Columbia Gas and NIPSCO – ensure that customers recei...
WEC Energy Group is one of the nation’s largest electric and natural gas delivery companies, with deep operational expertise, scale and financial resources to meet the region’s future energy needs. We...
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution and energy services operations. T...